Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Love...Those Who Serve


I Love Those Who Serve!


This is Jason.

That's Lieutenant Colonel Jason Evenson to you! 

He's unbelievably amazing.
He's talented.
He's kind.
He's intelligent.
He has a good heart.
He's loving.
He's very wise.

And best of all, 
he's my brother.

Did I say handsome?
Incredibly funny?

I can't even tell you how much I love this man.

I have always loved him.


This is his equally darling wife Angie.
I think she is one of the greatest women I have known.

It's an equal match for both of them.
Separately they are wonderful, but together they are untouchable.


This is Jason and Angie.
 I love this picture!!

Jason serves in the United States Air Force.
It's something I admire him for and I'm very grateful.

Recently he returned from Iraq and Kuwait.
He worked alongside General Handy in coordinating 
the efforts in sending the Air Force troops home.


Why do I love him for serving?
Because he took an oath.
And that oath has required great sacrifices at times.


He, like others who serve, has taken that oath very seriously. 
He has served with no conditions and has given what was required.

And I love him for that.



His wonderful family has also made great sacrifices.
I'm very grateful for them.

They have loved him, supported him and have done what was 
required to hold their family together when he hasn't been around.

I am so proud of them.

There are families everywhere who have loved ones who serve.
And I love them for the sacrifices they make.
I know first hand from watching my brothers' family,
that it is very hard.
And my heart is full of gratitude for them.

So today, 
I love my brother.

I love his family.

And I love the many who also
faithfully serve to protect my freedoms.


Thank you Jason.


I love YOU!!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE that you did one one Jason! He is one of those people who you know everyone who meets him is impressed, uplifted, humored (because he's so darn funny) and comforted (because he's such a down-to-earth, and yet sensitive guy). Plus, he has a killer smile that lets you know deep down how much love he's capable of. Love him!

Post a Comment