Friday, January 27, 2012

My Mom and Dad


It All Began With Them


I love this picture for so many reasons. Mainly because it represents the beginning of my family. And since my family is something I cherish above all else, it makes me very thankful that they decided to get married! They raised 10 kids and now they completely spoil 37 grandchildren.

I couldn't love my parents more.

Aren't they adorable?!


They have given me so much more than life.

They have taught me by the power of their examples. They have taught me to believe in myself, but to also believe in the goodness of others. They taught that it's always better to put someone else's needs before your own. They taught by example that you give until you don't have anything left to give...and then you give some more. They taught me to have faith, not just in myself, but in a very loving Father in Heaven who knows me and is always there. They taught me to laugh, when I wanted to cry. They taught me to forgive, when I wanted to be mad. They taught me to never give up. Never give up on myself, never give up on others, and never give up on trying to do better and be better. They were patient with me, even when I didn't deserve it. They forgave me, even when I didn't deserve it. They have always seen the very best in me and expected the best out of me! 

They are everything to me.

Look at those faces! They are completely lovable!


One of the most valuable lessons my parents have taught me is how to love. They have taught that loving someone is hard. It sometimes comes with really tough challenges. But, they taught that you don't give up. I am so very thankful that they never gave up. When I think of my dad, some of the first thoughts are of how much he cherishes my mom. He absolutely loves her. From my earliest memories I have always known that about him. There's a saying, "The greatest thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother." His willingness to always show that has been a powerful force for good in my life. And my mom. Well, anyone who knows my mom knows she's just good. She is loving and kind and it's all mixed up with a bit of sassiness. She has been an exceptional mom. A mom I will never be able to measure up to, but I have fun trying every single day.

They are my heroes in every possible way.


Thank you Mom and Dad. 
I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment