Sunday, November 4, 2012

Simply Sunday: Grateful for some wonderful people.

I got up this morning and started thinking about what I would write about today.

As I went through the day, I realized that today I was feeling grateful for the people I shared my day with.

I'm grateful to be a member of the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
And I'm so grateful to share my life with some amazing people!
I can't introduce them all to you, but let me share
a few of them with you.

They all mean so much to me,
but for many different reasons.


Right now I have the wonderful blessing of working
with the children at church.
And I can't tell you how much I love them.
It does my heart good to walk in the room and to see them all sitting there.
I see their smiles, I hear their excited whispers to each other,
I see them truly listening and wanting to learn.
Then I hear their voices.
The voice of a child is one of the best sounds.
Well.....almost all the time. :)

I love all these kiddos.
But, the voice of this one stands out from the rest.
This is my little buddy.
He loves coming to church, but he loves singing time even more.
It's hard to describe what I feel when he sings.
We sing a song, The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock.
And this little cutie sings it with so much excitement and volume.
It makes me smile every time. And it makes me so thankful that I get to see him every Sunday.




Every Sunday we sit on the same bench. I think people know that the Blaylock Bunch needs the big long bench right up front.
We always sit in front of these two.


And I love it. I really have two moms here. This is Mama Penny and I can't imagine life without her. She is wonderful in every possible way. And then there's her cute little husband. Sitting in front of him has become one of my favorite things at church. He's H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.  He sits behind us and makes the funniest little comments under his breath. And the funniest thing is that I don't think he knows how much we can hear. Well.....he probably does now. HAHAHA! 
He keeps me thoroughly entertained. 
I LOVE THESE TWO.
And I owe them a debt of gratitude for too many things to list.


My Kindness for Today?
Well, that came from this cute lady.
I got the sweetest card from her today. 
Sometimes it's the small things that mean the most.

Thank you Ginger. 
I love you.....so very much. 


Then, the highlight of my day was Charlie.
He is so very dear to me.
But, he's very sick and not doing well.
Charlie hasn't been to church for a while, and I miss him every week. 


Today he was there and it made my whole day.
I love you Charlie. I love that you are my friend.
I'm grateful for the example you are to us all of endurance and strength.

So, today, I'm feeling grateful for my church family. 
I could tell you something good about everyone.
They are so good to this crazy Blaylock Bunch, 
and they make our life here in Tennessee a very happy one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment