Sunday, September 2, 2012

Simply Sunday: My Belief in Jesus Christ

My Happy Sabbath

I had a wonderful day at church today. 
Nothing huge happened.
No grand or glorious moments.

But, I felt complete peace.
I felt strengthened.
I felt recharged to deal with my everyday life this week.

But, the best part of Sundays for me is having one day a week that is set aside to focus on Jesus Christ.


I can't tell you how much I love Sundays.
I need that one day a week that's different from the rest.
I need that one day where life slows down, where I REALLY focus on the things that are most important.
I love the 'feel' of Sundays.
I love that they feel important.
I love that I get to spend the day with my family.
And I love that on Sundays, my thoughts turn to the things that are most important to me.

Since this blog is a journal in some ways for me, I want to express my love for my Savior Jesus Christ.


No matter who you are, no matter what you believe, no matter what you call Him, you can't get away from the fact that He really does make everything better.

For me personally, I need my relationship with the Lord. 
I need the peace and strength that He gives, exactly when I need it. 
I need the reassurance that comes when I rely on Him.
I need the help only He can give when I feel weighed down.
Simply put, I need Him.

I believe that He's real.
I believe that He knows me personally.
I believe that He loves me.
I believe that He stands by ready to help and guide.
I believe that He cheers me on and wants
the very best things for me.
I believe that He lives.
I believe that He understands my fears, my hopes, and all that
is in my heart.
And I love Him.

Today, knowing who He is fills my heart with a great deal of joy.

1 comments:

Mom said...

I couldn't have said it better. I, too, love Sundays. They are a source of peace and rest, they turn my heart to my family and to where we came from. They fill my heart with a feeling of peace and limitless gratitude for the blessings I personally have been given. I know my Savior lives, that He loves each one of us and knows how to comfort, strengthen, encourage and guide us. I could not make it without His help and my testimony that He lives.

Post a Comment