Sunday, September 23, 2012

Simply Sunday: Make It Work!

The other night I was sitting on the couch watching tv 
while Ricky was studying.

I glanced over and tried really hard to hold my gut giggle in. 

I got up very slowly and quietly walked to the cupboard 
where my camera was.

Very stealthily I made my way back to my spot on the couch.

Then.....

CLICK

I got this beauty!


Once I took the picture, I finally let my gut giggle out.

In the middle of my laughing I asked him what was with the two pairs of glasses?

He then told me that the bottom pair was for reading,
and the top pair was for when he wanted to watch the tv.

I laughed again and then thought,
"HOW DARLING IS THIS MAN?"

The more I think about it, the more I love it.

Here sat a man who did what he needed to do to make it work.
And he does this all the time.

In his mind, there's never a problem without a solution.
Sometimes the solutions are hard, and sometimes he's not quite sure what the solution is.
But, he absolutely knows there is one.

He's not a quitter.

And he's been a great example to me.

Life is quirky.
It's full of crazy things that don't go the way we think they should.
Sometimes we are faced with things that 
we have to fix, solve or figure out.

It's life.
And it can be tricky.

But, I love Ricky's attitude of.....

 

Don't get me wrong.
He gets discouraged just like everyone else.
But, soon, he's trying to figure out how to make it work. 
It's comforting to be with someone like that. 

He makes everything seem ok.
He makes it easy to believe that there really are
solutions to problems.
That there are ways to get through tough things.
He never tells me that we won't go through tough things,
or that everything will always work out the way we want it to.

But, he ALWAYS reassures me that things WILL work out and that everything will be ok.

And I always believe him.
  

I love people like that.
I love Ricky.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Love it! I think that photo is pretty funny!!!

Mom said...

So fun and sweet. Dad is like that too. He also wears multiple pairs of glasses, mostly to see things up close a bit more refined. hahaha, I have tried it, it is just like a magnifying glass. hahaha. Men are great!!! How blessed we are to have men who never give up, but instead, they just figure out to make things work. Thanks for posting this. Give him a great big hug for me.

Post a Comment