Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Just Breathe...and Smile.

There are many moments as a mom when I'm a bit speechless. 
I have to just sit for a minute...
take a breath...
and THEN try to respond.

This was one of those moments.

Here is my sweet little Lucy Lu-Lu.
Such a cutie.

LOVE her piggy tails.


Did I mention that I love her piggy tails?

Well...

She decided that she didn't.

So...

on a lovely day when her golden locks were neatly placed in a lovely ponytail, she cut it.

 I found a chunk of hair mysteriously lying on the floor.

And then this followed...

"LUCY! Where did this hair come from?!"
(said with dismay and disbelief)

"I don't know." said Lucy with such convincing innocence.

"Luuuccyyyyyy...."
"Where did this hair come from? Turn around please."

As she turns around I notice half of her ponytail is missing.

Breathe.

"Lucy...did you cut your hair?"

"Yes...I DID!"
said with a mischievous and proud grin.

"Well, we have to go get the rest cut off so we can fix it."

HORROR.

COMPLETE HORROR on her face.

"NO!!!!"
"I don't want to cut my hair!!"
(said with huge tears rolling down her cheeks.)



As she was getting it cut, I watched her. She kept looking in the mirror with confusion.
When she was done, she just sat and stared at herself.

She looked so different.

And as her mom, I sat and stared too.
She didn't look like my Lucy anymore.
I started to feel myself get emotional.

She kept looking at me, so I smiled and told her, "YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!"
And she did.
She just looked so different.

But, I'm happy to say that it has grown on me. 
I now love her little haircut.
And I love that she loves it now too.


So...
just a reminder to all you moms out there.
It all works out in the end.

1 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, she looks adorable. It makes me miss her even more. I hate living so far away from grandkids. It just isn't fair. Give her a big hug and kiss for me.

Post a Comment