Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Cooking 101: Blaylock Style

After graduating, Israel has decided to serve a 2 year mission for our church.

And he is very excited about this.

So, as we wait for his paperwork that tells us where he's going, I thought it was time to get this darling boy ready to leave home. And since Noah is only a year behind him, I thought he should join us as well.

So, last night we began cooking lessons.

Yes.
Cooking Lessons.

BLAYLOCK STYLE

Unless you have had the rare opportunity of being in the kitchen with these two, it's hard to explain what that means.

I figured a safe first lesson was baked chicken and mashed potatoes.
Safe? Yes!
Boring? NO!


These two are so different. Noah is EXACT and PRECISE in all that he does, and Israel is just determined to be done. 

In the end, we had yummy chicken.

And the potatoes? Well...they were yummy.



Interesting.....but yummy.
Of course Noah had to put his stamp on it!

Needless to say, it was the most fun I've had in the kitchen for a long time.
As I watched these two and listened to them, I got a bit emotional.
They truly love each other. 
And they ENJOY each other.

I'm realizing that our moments with the two of them will be changing soon and it feels like a REALLY big pill to swallow. 
They are not the same without the other. 

So although these coming changes are tough,
I'm excited for what the future brings for both of them.

I sure love these boys.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Love these guys!!!

Mom said...

Oh, how I wish I could have been there to watch them. This is the next best thing. hahaha These are two of the sweetest guys on the planet, and Zach is right there with them What a sweet memory this will be for them.

Post a Comment