Monday, May 20, 2013

Oh The Places He'll Go...

This has been a big week for our family. Another milestone, another change.

Israel Blaylock graduated.
And our life has once again changed.

This is how I remember Israel from when I first met him. 


He was charming, witty and full of life.

I would sit up at night and look through his "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" books and we would laugh as we looked at all the crazy stuff in that book. 

That will always be one of my favorite memories 
of my time with him.

There are many memories with Israel that are priceless.
He has been my buddy, my friend, my quiet cheerleader and someone I have always admired.
He is good, through and through.

I have had the incredible blessing of sharing his life and watching him grow over the years. Although he has changed over the years, in many things he has never wavered.

He is a loyal friend to all.
He is compassionate and cares deeply about others.
He quietly observes the world around him, but boldly 
goes about doing good.
He doesn't need the limelight, he doesn't need attention or praise.
He just quietly goes about his business and does his very best.


Just like every parent who had a child graduate this year, 
I am excited about his future.

I am excited about his potential.

And I know he will become something great.


So, Israel, thank you.

Thank you for making the choice to love me.
Thank you for always knowing exactly when I needed your support and help, and for quietly giving it in powerful ways.
Thank you for the example you are to your siblings, and for the strength you are to your parents.

We all love you.
We are all proud of you.

And we will all be behind you, cheering you along the whole way.

I love you.

1 comments:

Mom said...

My how fast time has flown by. I remember the first time I met Israel. I was so impressed by him then and have continued to be even more impressed through his teen years. He has truly improved with age, older and better. He is a shining example of honoring who he is. Israel is strong in his convictions. He is passionate about doing what is right. Israel is kind and loving. He is FUNNY!!! Israel is tender- hearted. Israel is devoted to his family and his beliefs. Israel is loyal. I could go on and on and on. When I grow up, I want to become like him. I admire him so much and love him even more. He is a blessing in my life and to all who know him, just by being himself.

Congratulations, Israel!!! Job well done, now you will be leaving on your mission, what an exciting journey that will be. I am so proud of you!!!!

Post a Comment