Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Traditions: A Little Sweetness

How can it be December 5th already?!

It's CRAZY!

Well last night I enjoyed 

TRADITION #5

(yep, a "Mom" tip at the end)

CRAZY LADY COOKIE EXCHANGE

Do you ever stop and look at the people in your life?
Well, I did last night.

And I realized how very blessed I am to have my life touched by so many great women.

They are women of great strength and faith, they endure heartache and disappointment with grace, they find joy in the mundane, they lead by example and they make life richer. 

I LOVE these CRAZY ladies!

This is a fairly new tradition. 
It started last year, 
and we had so much fun so we thought we'd do it again.

And it didn't disappoint.

What is a cookie exchange?

Well, it's just a really good excuse to get together, laugh, talk, eat and take home a huge container of cookies to sit on the couch in the dark and eat to share with your family and friends.


Our cookie exchange has become a tradition I love.
I don't know if it's because I'm a mom, so "girl" time is more treasured,
or if it's all the yummy cookies.

Either way, we had a great time last night.
If you look closely at the faces in the post, you will see their goodness.
You will see kindness in their eyes.
And you will see real happiness.

They truly are GREAT women, and we completely adore each other.
The best part about them is that they are DANG STINKING FUN to be with.







Like I said,
I love this tradition.

But, more than this tradition, I love my friends.
I love who they are.
I love who they help me to be.
I love that they can make me laugh.
And I love that they listen when I cry.

The holiday season is so much more than presents, pretty decorations and yummy food.
To me, it's a time to surround myself with the people I love,
And it's a time of year when I feel very grateful for them.

Thank you to everyone who came to the cookie exchange!
You make me so very happy.


Now for the 'Mom' tip:

Last night our cookie exchange included a home full of moms (and a couple cute grandma's).
And many of those moms have little kids.

So, here's my tip for moms:

Get out.
Leave your kids.
Take some time for you.
Spend time with your friends.
Laugh.
Let go.
And enjoy life.

Because when you do,
you'll be a better mom.


HO HO HO

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great mom tip - I've never felt better after only 6 hours of sleep - haha. Thanks for bringing us together last night so we could enjoy each other's company! I love you too, my crazy, fun friend.

Mom said...

I totally agree!! Lori didn't have a cookie exchange this year. I actually missed the fun times and cookies. Mostly, I missed spending time with her. You should have invited me, you never know, I might have come. hahahaha I love your sweet friends, too. I am grateful for these wonderful women who take such good care of you and surround you with love.

Post a Comment